Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Indrect cost for Defining Budget & at later stage for EVA

2 replies [Last post]
AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All;

I am involed in defining a project budget. Costs for Direct manpower, Mahinery, materials, cost & overheads at site have been calculated. No I need to add indirect cost to complete my activity estimates process. And also at later stage I shall need to update the indirect cost alongwith direct cost. We have cost accounts but I am not sure how to distribute indirect cost on different projects.

Regards

Replies

AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Gary;

Suppose We have a Planning Department. Account Code 0001. Now this Department will be responsible planning & monitoring of 10 Projects. Now while making Budget should I distribute the cost as lumsum using hammock?

Secondly during updating , is it better idea to "check" the "Auto compute actuals" box in resources so that this indirect costs fill automatically with time?

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

Process is not hard:

-understand the various indirect costs that will apply

-estimate the costs per time period of each of these costs

-estimate when and for how long these costs will be incurred

-Load them onto activities

eg:

project planner, £300 per day (full time), required full time for 1st month, 50% from then until end of construction.

or:

Procurement manager, £40 ph, 8 hr/day, required 1 day/week from commencement of tender evals, full time from commencement of tender negotaitions, down to 1 day/week once all orders are placed, zero after final delivery.

Typically indirect costs are loaded onto LOE / hammock type activities

Is there anything specific you are not sure about?