Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Indrect cost for Defining Budget & at later stage for EVA

2 replies [Last post]
AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 4 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All;

I am involed in defining a project budget. Costs for Direct manpower, Mahinery, materials, cost & overheads at site have been calculated. No I need to add indirect cost to complete my activity estimates process. And also at later stage I shall need to update the indirect cost alongwith direct cost. We have cost accounts but I am not sure how to distribute indirect cost on different projects.

Regards

Replies

AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 4 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Gary;

Suppose We have a Planning Department. Account Code 0001. Now this Department will be responsible planning & monitoring of 10 Projects. Now while making Budget should I distribute the cost as lumsum using hammock?

Secondly during updating , is it better idea to "check" the "Auto compute actuals" box in resources so that this indirect costs fill automatically with time?

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 6 hours ago. Offline

Process is not hard:

-understand the various indirect costs that will apply

-estimate the costs per time period of each of these costs

-estimate when and for how long these costs will be incurred

-Load them onto activities

eg:

project planner, £300 per day (full time), required full time for 1st month, 50% from then until end of construction.

or:

Procurement manager, £40 ph, 8 hr/day, required 1 day/week from commencement of tender evals, full time from commencement of tender negotaitions, down to 1 day/week once all orders are placed, zero after final delivery.

Typically indirect costs are loaded onto LOE / hammock type activities

Is there anything specific you are not sure about?