Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

A few simple questions

No replies
Mark McErlean
User offline. Last seen 8 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Have a few questions I would like someone to answer if possible?

Q1. When planning fit-out periods how is this usually done as it doesnt really follow a finish-to-start relationship or am I doing it wrong. I usually have 1st fix joinery, 1st fix M&E, plaster/skim, second fixes etc. Do these need to be broken down further to achieve a FS relationship and therefore a critical path? (if anyone has a standard template that would be of use)

Q2. I am trying to create an as-built programme (in Asta) for a project. I have never done this before as I am pretty new to the role & construction in general. Can anyone guide me how to create this? I assume I enter the actual dates as the project progresses however I am unsure how. Do I create a baseline for an as built or do I enter Actual Start & Actual finishes within the contract programme?

I would really appreciate any feedback you guys could provide to help a newcomer get to grips with this planning business as I am keen to excel.