Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Example of apartment block time planning schedule

1 reply [Last post]
Willie Scheepers
User offline. Last seen 10 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Guys,

I am hoping one of you can help me, I am currently in SA studying a course in construction project management and one of my assignments is to produce a project schedule for an apartment block consitsing of 20 units. The course is based in the UK and being from South Africa I am not familiar with the construction methods used in the UK and I do not have any experience in planning apartment blocks. Do any of you have an example that will give me a starting point for my assignment, I am using Microsoft Projects or Primavera.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks, Willie.

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Willie

An appartment block of twenty units - with 4 units per level - will be 5 storeys.

The simplest structure for this type of unit would be load bearing block and beam and plank floors and roof.

You may need a piled foundation with caps or ring beams.

Underslab drains and lift pit can be installed after the first floor slab is in place.

Don't forget the scaffolding stages with the blockwork.

While the walls are going up the windows can be fixed from the inside once the floor above is in place - this will give you early weathertight conditions.

after the roof cover is on the scaffold can come down and lanscaping can start.

M&E 1st fix goes up with the building

Internal finishings should start from the top down as soon as weathertight is achieved - staircase and access routes follow down.

M&E static tests start after each floor is cleared and the whole block M&E test and commission starts when the main work is complete.

I hope that helps

Best regards

Mike Testro