Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

S curve in excel

4 replies [Last post]
Peter May
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Guys I need your assistance

Quick question please, I  am trying to draw an S curve from P6 data showing early and late start together with actual

In the resource assignment option of P6, under display - spreadsheet fields  -Customise, what are the options I need to extract into my selected options field in order to be able to do this.

Replies

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Peter

I use different options for displaying s curves and of the early start and late start activities.

>>The 'on screen'' option

Primavera uses many options to display recourses in the spreadsheet tabulation and in the histogram and s-curve . I guess that these are familiar to you. I have not managed yet to transfer  these directly to a spreadsheet but on screen and for printing theses are good  reports.

>> The 'assignment' option

In the assignment, on the left hand part of your screen, you can easily, with filters and group and sort functions, create the information you require to make the s curves. These can be copy and paste into a Excel spreadsheet.

>> The 'reports' option

In the 'report' option you can create many different reports. These are particular useful if you are using standard reporting on a regular basis. I use this for the monthly portfolio manpower histogram and recourse assignment. These can be regular tabular reports but these can be downloaded in a spreadsheet and make the curves you desire.

Regards

Johannes 

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 18 min ago. Offline

Just remember that because of poor handling of period performance in all Primavera products, in order to get reliable distribution of past performance data you will have to manually keep updating your period performance, you will need to establish your financial periods and then you will be able to get reliable past performance curves.

This was an issue especially with Primavera Suretrak that do not even provided the financial periods workaround.

This flaw is due to the way performance data is stored in all Primavera products. It is due to the distribution of performance data (resource hours and cost) for started but not completed activities.

http://www.simplexgroup.com/oracle-primavera-p6-storing-period-performance/

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Peter,

Look at the image...

cum_data.jpg

Pethanna Rajendran
User offline. Last seen 8 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

send me the data.

let me see if i can help u!

regards