Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6.V7 Software Bug Found... causing PMDB corrupted!!!

2 replies [Last post]
Praves Suppa
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello Planning Folks,

Yesterday I found a dangerous bug in P6.V7 about the experiment of using filter by below condition

BL Project Total Float < 0

Then clicked OK, the Error Popup Message is shown event code AVAA0-0633-5, then I clicked "Exit" then P6 Application was self-closed and I cannot open P6 again.. I have to re-install the software and my SQL Database cannot be recovered. So I just realize as well that this case is not facing problem when applied to P6.V8.

Be Careful! about this sensitive bug that might harm your database especially to whom handling & collecting with huge project data.

Good Luck for All !!

Praves Suppa

Replies

Praves Suppa
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Mike,

I know that many of us still missing the classic version of P3, but it would be hanibalized by Windows Os from which market currently using 32 and 64 bits version.

Unless using P6, it would be ok as long as OS is compatible with 16bits of P3. Otherwise P6 adaption is unavoidable from many reasons, such as project requirement from clients, OS migration to new version, etc...

To back up the working database more often would be helpful at this case. I hope and wish this harmful bug would be the last for this P6 Version7

Cheers,

Praves Suppa

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 21 hours ago. Offline

Hi Praves

Sorry to hear about your situation - it sounds like normal P6 to me.

Best regards

Mike Testro