Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

NEC3 - Sectional Completion Delay Causing overlapping Construction Phases

No replies
Andre Montauban
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good Day, I am trying to find a Planner who has some experience with the NEC3 contract.

I am currently doing the planning for a Habour Reconfiguration Job and have not worked with NEC3 before this. NEC3 contract is still pretty exclusive in South Africa and hence I do not have much Case History.

My biggest issue currently is around Entitlement. The 4 phase project was planned to be carried out one phase at a time. With phase 1 being complete before phase 2 starting etc. Due to Client delays Sectional Completion to the first phase and now the second phase as well were delayed.

The client's response to mitigate was to give us early access to the follow on phases but with no additional entitlement to P&G because due to the broken links between areas the final completion date has not changed.

This was not the senario in the Tendered Program. Any advise on who I could talk to, to get more clarity as this is really driving me up the wall.