Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning Output Books

2 replies [Last post]
TONY SEWELL
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Does anyone have any good book recommendations which ciontain outputs.

Ideally some sort of catelogue book with a whole range of outputs.

I know outputs are specifici to location but it would be a nice starting point to refer to?

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 19 hours 34 min ago. Offline

At times I use RS Means as a reference to plug in numbers for which we do not have historical records.

I look at the production per day per crew and apply a factor to account for a reduced productivity due to local ways of doing things, due to local hot weather and at the end look for the crew composition, the unit prices never look at them.

Because we use it only for a small percentage of our total estimate we play it safe and reduce productivity to 70% that shown in RE Means. This will accommodate for some idle time or missing resources due to vacation or sick leave. You plan to do certain work with 10 men during 10 days but some will be absent during this time. I believe this fact is one of the reasons estimates tend to be too optimistic.

Used in this way you account for difference in pay rate, local cost of materials, because I look for productivity a few years old book is still good enough.

Best Regards,

Rafael

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Tony,

There are a lot of factors affecting production rates and outputs that nobody has dared to venture in this area, you can find some reference in the internet, and as you said it maybe a good start.

Best regards,

Daniel