Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How method used for calculated actual progress for blinding concrete ???

2 replies [Last post]
Jehad Aldaoud PMP...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hello all, i wish you doing will in you work

my problem that i faced in m work that we are started casting blinding concrete in the site and they want from me to calculate the actual progress for blinding concrete to compare with planned progress there is two methods i know put i don't know which one i choose 

1- First method is depend on take coordination from site that they casted and calculate the quantities from drawings based on coordination 

2- Second method is depend on the quantity of concrete that casted in site 

i don't what method i used ???

Best regards 

Replies

CHARINA MATIAS
User offline. Last seen 10 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I would suggest you choose to measure your actual progress based on the actual quantity used at the site (the quantity used in the desired structure). The unit measurement depends on what you are using. It can be in square meter or cubic meter.

Damian Smith
User offline. Last seen 3 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

I would do both methods and see what the calcuated difference is.

In theory, the amount of concrete used should equal the area of the blinding completed.

If the concrete used is more than the area, then potentially you are over spending with too much concrete so you should inform your team that they are doing so.

Also, if you get paid per metre sq of blinding, then measure progress against that. Likewise if you are paid by the m3 then use that