Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Production Rates in India

2 replies [Last post]
Rajesh Khanna Sake
User offline. Last seen 2 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
This is regarding a project we are looking at in India - My construction manager says "the Best Carpenter output per 9-hr day is only 3 Sqm and best reinforcemtn productivity we can achieve is only 150Kg / day per Fitter". I am unable to guage the authenticity of the data.

I am trying to validate these productivity rates. Some how these rates he mentioned doesn’t seem to be right to me. Are there any standards I can refer to? Any thoughts ??

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Rajesh

Labour productivity is not a set standard but varies from project to project.

For instance fixing rebar can be very quick if the steel is delivered in pre tied units and just craned into postion. If you are cutting and bending on site and then hand tying the productivity will be quite low.

My advice is to go to your cost plan and see if the estimator has priced the labour seperately from plant and materials - if so then you can extract the labour rates that are applicable to your project.

I convert these to a single resource called "hours" and apply the specific hours to the resource modelling software.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Rajesh,

This is dependent on many factors. But the best source is your construction team. If you do not trust management, then you can monitor the actucal performance at site and report the rates you get.

As the supervision teams as well. This is task dependent. Meaning that the slab rate is different than the columns, stairs, walls rates. Shape and complexity plays a part as well. A stair that is 12 meters long, is different that a stair 6 meters long.

With kind regards,

Samer