Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Looking for excel template

2 replies [Last post]
Charles Gibbons
User offline. Last seen 6 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Just started out on my own and need to produce a programme that will be presented well

Usually use ASTA but only software I currently have is excel

Can anyone help

Thanks

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Charles,

I agree with Mike -I have seen excel wizzes in the past use lots of complex macros and formulae to approximate planning software, but it always looks like what it is: something cobbled together, not robust, and not very professional.

If you need it to be presented well, the only thing you should be using Excel for is for generating graphs & curves, not generating the schedule.

If you’re just starting out and can’t afford a lisence of your own just yet, many software companies will let you download a free trial version for a month or so which, though limited in many ways, will definitely be a whole lot better than excel.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Charles

Having been a PP member for 4 years welcome to your 1st thread.

I regret to say that Excell is not recognised planning software.

Asta is one of the best but you will need to invest in a proper licence.

Best regards

Mike Testro