Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Conditional formating

6 replies [Last post]
Glenn Douglas
User offline. Last seen 1 year 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Is it possible ’in P6’ to set up a conditional format (similar to in Excel).
For e.g. when activity with Action Code ’P’ is 100% traffic light changes to green.

Cheers
G

Replies

Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dieter,

There will be P7.

Oh my.

Then there might be some oracle influence in P7 considering that oracle completed the acquisiiton of Primavera

Cheers,
happy planning and scheduling
Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 13 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Glen, Dieter just gave me an idea
you can use job services to batch a report of all completed activities.
it is not visual but it might help
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 days ago. Offline
Glenn
Just curious what you’ll do with the cat after...

Filters, bars can be attached to a layout - you’ll just have to open it. Reports can be saved.
Global change you’ll have to run each time you’ll need it. You are not the only to see a missing function.
Major German EPC-contractors and some construction companies asked Primavera to make a batch run possible for Global Changes which then can atomatically be started by "Job Services". Ask Primavera as well and you’ll raise the chance to include this in P7.

Regards
Dieter
Glenn Douglas
User offline. Last seen 1 year 40 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for your replies.
I’m sure there are various ways it can be done, (multae viae Romam meunt) or as we say in Yorkshire ’there’s more than one way to skin a cat’.

I was looking for a way that it would automatically update, mainly so that it can’t be missed and also would save a couple of minutes per week.

G
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 5 days ago. Offline
Glenn
Traffic light.
- This might be a special bar in the Gantt chart: When you’ll add a new bar, you’ll have to assign a filter: if code = xx AND actual finish not= (blank).
- It might be a a special colour in a report. The technique will be equivalent but will require a little knowledge about reporting, because you’ll have to use the editor.
- With a user defined field type indicator: Use a global change equivalent to the bars.
- The traffic light function of myprimavera or P6web: There I don’t know a solution.

I’m sure, multae viae Romam meunt (Many streets lead you to Roma), i.e. there might be more solutions.

Hope, I understood your question.

Dieter
Ali Farhat
User offline. Last seen 13 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
if i got you right, you can do it using global change