Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Need some help for my final project.

2 replies [Last post]
Karl Agustsson
User offline. Last seen 13 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello my name is Karl Á. Ágústsson.
I´m a Constructing Architect student at VIA university in Horsens Denmark on 7.semester (final semester).
http://www.vitusbering.com/sw1687.asp

On this semester I’m working on my final project (Building Planning & Management (BPM)) and a dissertation of my own chose.
I have chosen to write about Planning with Activity-based scheduling (MS-Project) or Location-based scheduling (Control 2008).
The main question is in this report is the advantage and disadvantage of planning with Activity-based scheduling and Location-based scheduling for Building planning and management.
I need to get some feedback from hands on users in project planning and management. It is getting very hard for me to get in contact with some companies to get interviews so that’s way I ask you to help me.
I would appreciate it if you can help me with this report by going in to the following link below and answer some questions about planning projects in Control 2008 or MS-Project.

The Survey

http://www.polldaddy.com/survey.aspx?id=487845aa3ff2b774

Please note that this is not a formal test on the programs but just a personal survey I’m doing for my final project.

Best regards

Karl Agustsson
Tel: +45 28 92 10 01
Constructing Architect student
VIA university
Horsens, Denmark

Replies

Iftikhar Awan P.Eng.
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
I went to the survey site, but could not complete it as it requires experience with both types of planning/scheduling softwares. I have worked with activity based scheduling software like MS Project and Primavera but not with location based. In fact this is the first time I have come to know of Control 2008. I doubt many people will have experience using it.
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Karl,

The software used by most of the Construction sites is "Primavera". In order to benefit from the time that you will be spending on studying the benefits of both system, it would be a good idea to study Primavera software as well.

The result of your survey would be a statistical analysis. I recommend that you select a specific sector of your choice and ask about that field, then develop the survey accordingly.

Let us know if we can be assist more.

Good luck,

Samer