Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Post Tender Interview Questions

5 replies [Last post]
Tom Howard
User offline. Last seen 8 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
We’re trying to compile a list of FAQ’s for post tender interviews. Does anyone have any suggestions for questions they may have experienced ?? (or know somewhere I could get this information??)

Any questions, about ANY aspect of the tender would be appreciated - ie not just planning related issues...

Many thanks

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Tom,

Usually I would ask the Contractors to price the complete Preambles. That way, you will be able to know how much you the client is paying for the items not shown on the BOQ items.

Another is the suppliers for the major items, subcontractors to be used on the Job, if any.

Any discrepencies that were noticed in the tender documents.

Any suggestions for better quality items that can be used, and at the same time, any major items that are time consuming.

Of course, the best thing would be an "As Built" schedule for a similar project that you have completed.

Good luck winning the tender.

Samer
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
how much is your overhead cost (in terms of percentage)?
Tom Howard
User offline. Last seen 8 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Samer,

Many thanks for your replies. My apologies as I wasn’t clear in my original question. I am looking for questions WE will be asked, rather us interviewing someone else.
(However your replies are still very useful)

Many thanks

Tom
Samer Zawaydeh
Dear Tom,

Here are standard questions that you can ask:

1. Did you receive all the documents?
2. Did you execute similar projects in the past?
3. Who are your suppliers for the major items that you based your prices on.
4. Did you find any discrepencies in the tender drawings?
5. Do you have a complete staff per requirements.
6. Review the prequalification of the Contractor and ask specific questions.
7. Are you going to submit your tender on time?

Good luck,

Samer
Samer Zawaydeh
Dear Tom,

There are actually many questions that you can ask, here are a few:

1. Check for unit prices of BOQ items that are above or below 25% of the average. Ask why the item was prices in that way.

2. Check for expensive item, and ask for Price analysis.

3. Ask the Contractor for a Proposed program to complete the works and question the activities and the duration.

4. Ask the Contractor to visit the site and provide you will their questions.

Let us know what type of Contractor you have and what type of project you are planning to construct.

Good luck,

Samer