Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

store period performance

4 replies [Last post]
jeff hadjail
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
hi guys!
you know problems occurs after u stored your progress report in the store period performance becoz after you stored it still the earned cost dont stored or saved becoz it changes the value infact the store period performance tell us it save the resources from early start to data date...but i found out that this problems comes....
guys,may i know your idea on this?that why the value change even you already store period performance?
hoping for your answer guys...asap...tnx

Replies

jeff hadjail
hi arnold,

tnx so much for your reply....yes,actually i stored the period performance of july but i ddnt change something in the historical actual data and others i just updated the new data...ok now i know that it always change the values of the previous updating...
now, my question is,how can i maintained the consistense of that value with regards to the previous month and the current?

thank you and more power!!!
jeff
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jeff,

My question is, are you sure you stored period performance during the month of july? if yes, then the following cause of this:

1. Maybe you edit the period performance that allows you to change historical actual data stored for Actual Quantity, Earned Quantity, Actual Cost & Earned Cost because these values can be changed during store period performance.

2. Perhaps you change the prices, changing prices after closing out an update period may result in cost variance.

3. Changing of Activity’s base calendar or resource calendar after you have stored performance data, P3 spreads the data based on the new calendar.

4. When you cut, copy or paste activities between projects, the period performance data are retained with the activity.

Hope this help.

Inform me if you find the solution or you can send your P3 files to my email at p3-fer@sixco.ae and I’ll try to solve your problem.

Thanks.

Regards,

Arnold
jeff hadjail
arnold,

yes...tnx ..im using now P3...this regards to the earned cost cumulative...lets say example...i finished updating the report for the month of july and my earned cost was 3,000,000 then here comes for the month of august i make updating and it shows me the report of earned cost for august is 3,500,000 but my previous month which was july the 3,000,000 becomes now 1,700,000 it reduces so now im loosing the report of consistency this is what the august report shows..

my question here is that why the previous month of july the earned COST reduces why its not remained as iS?

hoping for answer guys,
jeff
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Jeff,

Be specific with your question. What version of Primavera are you using? Can you explain a little bit in detail.

Regards,

Arnold