Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Activities locked.

3 replies [Last post]
bailay basu
User offline. Last seen 15 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
I am new planning engineer and I have project schedule with two sub projects for JV project. I would like to change some orginal duration to rectify the TF as per management instruction. But some activities showing that," Activity currently locked by another user" and I am not able to modified anything on it.
Can somebody advise me how to recitified this issue and modified the orginal duration.

Replies

smiling shagger
User offline. Last seen 15 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
namaste
it means that you are using a pirated copy of P3

Peace, hempfully,
smilingshagger
bailay basu
User offline. Last seen 15 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks arnold. I follow your advice and all activities are working well.
But now i am facing other problem in same schedule that, i am try to prepare s- curve through by Graphic report and it’s Showing " Error in RECMGR - status 2"
Can you advice me how to rectify this issue and i am waiting for your reply

Regrads,
Bailay.
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Bailay,

The reason why you cannot modify it is because you do not have access to your current project and was restricted by the owner or user. I guess you are using P3x if so, try the following steps:

1. Close your Current Project including Primavera Window.
2. Go to Start -> Programs -> Primavera and select Netset.
3. Type password "netset".
4. From Primavera Network Administration, Select Option
5. Then Select Change Project Owner.
6. Under the Projects, search the project you wanted to change.
7. After selecting your project, change the Owner to P3 then close and exit.

Regards,

Arnold