Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Oil/Gas/LNG Construction - Production Rate

4 replies [Last post]
Ronaldo Quilao
User offline. Last seen 9 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Hi Fellow Planner,

At first I don’t know where to post this and I posted it under Planning Planet website improvement forum (my apology)

Anyway I hope this is the most appropriate forum.

Please, we are trying to conduct a productivity survey for the Oil & Gas/LNG Construction here in the Middle East and hope planners out there particularly those involve in the oil & gas sector could give some input.

Piping ( Fabrication, Installation)

a. Above ground - Carbon Steel
Butt Welding - mhr/mm diameter
Fillet Welding - mhr/mm diameter

b. Above ground - Stainless Steel
Butt Welding
Fillet Welding

c. Above ground - Alloy

d. Under ground piping

Thanks & Regards,

Ronald

Replies

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 2 days 3 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Ronald,

Productivity will differ based on projects and the priority of particular activities.

I suggest as follows.

1. Take the dia inches to be welded for each category.

2. Check the welders available for category.

3. On a weekly basis, check the no of dia inches welded.

I hope in this way you can calculate the productivity.

Nicole Bryan
User offline. Last seen 11 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Good day to all of u,

Can someone help email me oil&gas pipeline construction schedule, im new to this kind of work,im willing to learn this, it will really be a big help for me on how it goes.

thanks in advance. Nicole

Ronaldo Quilao
User offline. Last seen 9 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Thanks Sreejith,

We are try to look for actual values (based on experiences) but if there are detailed database I think it will help and or we just come up with some sort of approximation.

Ronald
Sreejith Nair
User offline. Last seen 12 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ronald,
This is a very good effort.
But measuring activity specific man hours is really tough.
Especially when it is a fast track project.
In our organisation we are doing such efforts for developing norms. This is done by analysing historical data and arriving at ’Parameters’ and values.
Are you looking for a detailed database specifying type of weld, schedule..etc etc or broad approximations?

Cheers

Sreejith