Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Construction activities list

8 replies [Last post]
Hady Shendy, PMP
User offline. Last seen 11 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all
like prod-rates available on that site
shall create also a database for all construction activities
and for time bing have any one know a site contain such type of services

Thanks

Replies

ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Its a part of prject time management process and depend on the level of work breakdown structure(WBS),activities sequencing and the required scope verification ,monitoring& controlling.
Tu Huynh Van
User offline. Last seen 15 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi all,
Its depend on construction method & whats level u want to display?.

Normally, in PM you can see in activity step.
Vinai Maurya
User offline. Last seen 15 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
For the Civil works construction Activity List are;
- Site grading
- Excavation
- PCC
- Reinforecement works
- Form works
- Concreting works(RCC- Foundation) (up to plinth level)
- Concreting works (RCC-Suoer str.)( Above plinth level)
- back filling
- Sand Filling (if Required)
- RCC/ Brick Drain works
- Brick works
- Door/window works
- Plastering
- Painting
- Roof treament works
- Roofing works
Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
I suggest not to start with a detail schedule when detail information is not available, otherwise later you need to redo the whole schedule.

These are too many trades and construction methods,one can not understand all these.

e.g. excavation/shoring, different depth,different soil(rock), different site condition require different method.

if it’s not deep, and the constrution area is big enough, you may not need shoring, just excavate with slop edge.

if it’s deep, you may use SMW or DW with steel or concrete shoring system, some times you need shift shoring system during construction. you may also need de-water system installed...

So alway goto discipline engineer/designer /site engineer for support and detail information.

Dana Qandah
User offline. Last seen 14 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
ok Hadi,

Good Luck in finding it
Rey Basadre
User offline. Last seen 15 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Find "MEANS" Construction manual/handbook. It is usually available in many book stores either in hardbound copy or CD format. You may try also surfing the web for it.

Hope this helps...
Hady Shendy, PMP
User offline. Last seen 11 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Dana
Oki that is right
but some activities on construction field not clear to me like Excavation and Shoring, I need to know the details of the works process to reflect that on my schedule

and may be in that time I haven’t communication channels with subcontractors or suppliers , therefore I asked if there is a resources on web or books to clear it to me

Thanks
Dana Qandah
User offline. Last seen 14 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
If you need the activities for the schedule , u have to determine the level of details i.e shall u put all the activities related to the concrete in one activity "Concrete" or u can separate it to three activites

1. Concrete Formwork
2. Concrete Reinforcement
3. Concrete Pouring

So it will be good idea, but we shall classify the level of details first, this apples to the zoning to, how much u will divide the project