Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Scheduling Practice for Oil/Gas or Pharmaceutical proje

2 replies [Last post]
Paul Yoon
User offline. Last seen 3 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Is there anyone who willingly help/give me a sample schedule and scheduling specification for industry construction project?

Actually I have been working in a commercial building construction industry as a scheduler almost 8 years, but I have never been exposed to industry construction project like Oil/gas, pharmaceutical project and manufacturing project.

Or could you give me any idea regarding a standard scheduling specification for oil/gas and pharmaceutical project? Or could you suggest any website for me to understand that type of construction scheduling practice?

In person, I really want to know/understand the scheduling practice in another building types, mostly civil heavy or manufacturing construction. My email address is hyoonx@hotmail.com

In advance, thank you so much.

Paul

Replies

Sriram Iyer
User offline. Last seen 5 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
For planning, the conceptual thinking is important. For that u have to go thro complete contract documents & understand scope of work.

Some tips are as follow

a) List out the items for the project

b) Identify the durations

c) Interlink the project

Zhang Haixiang
User offline. Last seen 3 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

the basic scheduling method is the same as commercial buildings. What you need is experience (e.g. production rate,relationships between systems...) There is so many kind of industry buildings with different size,I don’t think there is template available. you need study the design first then start to prepare the schedule with your team members