Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calendars

3 replies [Last post]
Nishikant Choudhary
User offline. Last seen 20 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Experts ,

I am confronted with a situation wherein i have to add double shifting to my activities .

I.e. 2 Shifts X 10 hrs /Day .

How can i modify the calendar to reflect this?

My planning unit is Day .

This will obviuosly reflect on the productivity.

Can you please advise!

Thnx.

Replies

Tomas Rivera
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Nishikant:

If you want to do it the right way and you are using P3, you should change your planning units to hours instead of days. Then you go to Calendar to configure you shifts.

Tomas Rivera
Altek System
Scheduling of high performance
construction projects
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Nishikant,

You should post questions like this one in the forum (category) specific to the software you are using. If you are not using P3, P3e or MS-P you should indicate what system you are using in your post to get detailed advice.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Nestor Principe
User offline. Last seen 20 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Nishikant,

You just simply go to calendar, add a calendar and change the working hours according to your requirement then assign the calendar to the activity.

The other option is, if only few activities are involved, I normally just make a duplicate of each activity and classify it as second shift activity and link it to the original activity with finish to finish relationship. This will give you some flexiblity to assign a different production rate or budget for the 2nd shift activities. You can also filter the second shift activities. Depending on how you planned the production rates for the second shift activities, the duration of the original activities (now the first shift) must be revised accordingly. This approach maybe very primitive, I find it easy to handle.

Regards,

Nestor