Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calendar days vs Default calendar days

2 replies [Last post]
David Gindirih
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I searched for threads on similar topics but could not get a definite answer from any of them. The threads were posted several years back. Now hoping that P6 has come up with some genius ways to resolve the same issue.

The issue is, my schedule is calculating the finish dates variance by dividing the variance hours by 12 hours/day instead of the calendar hours of 7hours/day. Hence when you compare the finish dates, it doesn't quite add up. Example shown below.

example.png

Fingers crossed: is there any way to command P6 to calculate using the calendar in use rather than the default calendar?

Amongst the geniuses in this group, someone please suggest the easiest solution.

Replies

David Gindirih
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks Dave.

For some reason, even when the option to use the assigned calendar is ticked, the variance is not what it should be.

But having the option to define the hours/day, etc allowed me to get to a number that is closer to what it is supposed to be.

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 35 min ago. Offline

Of couse there is, unless you are using a very old version.  At the Admin Preferneces Time periods you can select to use the assigned calendar for hours-per-day figures,

BUT

If the group-and-sort band contains activities with more than one calendar, then the default calendars hours-per-day figue is used.