Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Certification for scheduling

3 replies [Last post]
Ahmet Tuter
User offline. Last seen 2 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello, In order to do schedules as an individual consultant, do I need to have a schrduling certificate "officially" in USA? For exame to do engineering you need a PE licence, everybody knows that. But how about doing scheduling? I read in this site that there are a couple widely recognized certification, such as pmp-sp and aace. But these are not officially reqired correct? Of course it would be nice to have but without these one can still do schedules to various construction firms correct? Also I would need a special liability insurance for scheduling? Just in case...

Replies

Emad Mofarej,PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

In united states there is no formal required certification for Project Schedulers but having a good scheduling certification certaily doesn't hurt!

There are some positions that ask for AACEis PSP or PMI-SP or even PMP as a prefered or required certification. You can see it yourself in Indeed or Monster etc.

Ahmet Tuter
User offline. Last seen 2 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks. And in the USA what would my insurance called? Professional liability Insurance?
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Ahmet

I don't know the details in the USA - Rafael can tell you that - but in the UK there is not yet any formal qualification for a freelance planner / scheduler.

You get your business from reputation and references.

Most of us work under a Limited Company for tax purposes and carry professional indemnity insurance.

Best regards

Mike Testro