Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Difference between Physical, Duration and Units % complete

5 replies [Last post]
aqil mahmood
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Friends

Could any body explain me what is difference between Physical , duration and Units % completes. Their usage , importance

and significance.

Many Thanks in Advance

Replies

Rockzy Sales
User offline. Last seen 13 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Physical % - Based on quantities (denominator Budget Quantities)

Duration % - Based on number of days or hours (denominator Original Duration)

Units % - Based on Mandays/Manhours (denominator Budget Mandays/Manhours)

now for their usage and importance..what I wrote above pretty much explain it for me, with a bit of imagination on how I can use or how important each to me... but that's me.. :-) I may not be able put the right words of what I have in mind that would suffice you.. but you may try the search feature here in PP, there were discussions regarding these matter already..

Cheers,

the Rock

Michaelangello Ga...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Daer: all Planner

Good Days i am new planner and i whan to know the right way to make a Schedule and what is the 1st thing should i do

Thank you.

ashraf alawady
User offline. Last seen 9 years 29 weeks ago. Offline

Dear all,

physical % is the percentage of the actual works done on site compaired with the plaed quantities .

the duration is the percentage of the time elappsed compared with the total duration of the project

Gautam Kumtakar
User offline. Last seen 11 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

Agreed to the point, but how does the progress be recorded in P6 as you have the total scope of the work eg. 1000MT of work to be competed in 10 days. Does p6 calculate the actuals with inputs being provided? I want to know more about it.

dilip kumkar
User offline. Last seen 13 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

In infrastructure developement project number of activity involves such as civiil work physical measurement in Cubic Meter where as Mechanical Work measure in MT or Nos.This different quantity convert into weighted percentage to monitor & represent your project task/completion of work only possible when they come under one units.