Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

remove links between % completion and budegted quanty

4 replies [Last post]
bilal tirmizi
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all,

i want to monitor my project in the manner illustrated in the following example, i need help on which auto cost rules to change.

suppose activity is of excavation and scheduled days are 10 and budgeteg manhous(resource) is 100 hrs

At the end of 5 days the situation is like i gave RD(5 days) and percent completion of the task is 30% and the resource used is like 65 hrs

my question is that i want to keep the PCT, RD and actual quantity not linked with each other ....so which rules of auto cost i shall change

Replies

Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Ya surely i missed that
bilal tirmizi
SORRY FOR WRONG NAME SPELL ...DEB
bilal tirmizi
THANKS FOR THE REPLY DB

I HAD ONE MORE DOUBT:

I WANT TO REMOVE LINK BETWWEN UPDATE PERCENT COMPLETE AND ACTUALS QUANTITY TO DATE BY UNCHECKING THE RULE "USE THE UPDATE PERCENT COMPLETE AGAINST THE BUDGET TO COMPUTE ACTUAL QUANTITY TO DATE." AS I AM THINKIG THAT MAY BE MY ACTIVTY IS 10% COMPLETE BUT THE RSOURCE THAT HAS BEEN USED IS MORE THAN THE RESOURCE BUGETED FOR 10% COMPLETION OF THAT ACTIVIT.

SO I WANT TO GIVE THE RESOURCE UTILIZATION TILL THAT DATE BY MY SELF AND DONT WANT PRIMAVERA TO COMPUTE BY SIMPLY MULTIPLYING PCT COMPLETION TO TOTAL BUDGETED QUANTITY OF THAT ACTIVITY TO CALCULATE VALUES TILL THAT DATE.

Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Bilal,

Uncheck " Link remaining duration and schedule percent complete"

so you ca manually enter , Percent complete , remaining duration and resource used

regards

deb