Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Asta Powerproject 9 - training book ???

5 replies [Last post]
Gerry O Rourke
User offline. Last seen 13 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can one please recommend a good training book for Asta Powerproject 9 - I have previously used the version 7-8 but I am finding it difficult to produce filters & s-curves with this version. Thanks. I have tried getting on a training course but Asta are currently not running any training courses in Ireland at the moment......

Replies

chris c
User offline. Last seen 5 years 49 weeks ago. Offline

I have been looking for this myself to.

Dave Crosby
User offline. Last seen 9 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
There are version 9 and version 10 training courses which have training books. Australian users can contact me for more details. Other countries should check with their distributor or Asta for availability.

Also the tutorial that comes with version 10 will give the basics if you want to train yourself.
Gerry O Rourke
Hi Mike thanks for the info im afraid I will need to go on a training course - hate when Asta bring out a revised Planning Software alot of things tend to change - version 8 as so handy & easy to use...thanks for your help much appreciated......Thanks Gerry
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Hi Gerry

Asta v 9 & 10 have a very sound Filter Wizard which I use constantly for multifarious purposes.
Delete all the "standard" filters that are built in and start again from scratch.

Once you have established a filter the way you want it then save it as a "view"

Regarding S curves I have never used them but there is an s curve generator in the Histogram view in v10.

I have not come across a training book for PowerProject after v5 when Asta swithced from printed examples to on line Help.

Keep going at it and you will get it sorted.

Best regards

Mike T.
Gerry O Rourke
i guess there is no training books available them !!!!!