Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Are there any decent P6 import templates out there?

No replies
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 20 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Are there any decent P6 import templates out there?  I have been doing it on and off for 35 years and it is always dicey.  I generally just export it, change it and import it back in.  The formatting gets goofy and does not work that great.  I think with P3 you had to add a letter in a column to get it right but I don't think that is the current situation.  Do you have to leave the column widths as is?  John

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

I have a few what are you looking for ?

what version of P6 are you using Also look at Plannex they have a free add in excel tool that you can paste info from P6 to Elxcel and then have it color the wbs and group the wbs based in teh p6 heicharcy. 

Thsi tools also

Draws a Gantt chart 

creates S curves

creates a XER with a wbs using excel 

here is the link

https://plannexcg.com/plannex-tool/

david kelly
User is online Online

I always do an Export first, creating my own template in Excel

Sometimes, if you make an Export with three 'sheets', Activities, Resources and Relationships, it is best to import each sheet separately. Not known why