Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

how do you turn the P6 "enter bell" off? that noise that occurs everytime you type anything..

2 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 17 min ago. Offline
Groups: None

how do you turn the P6 "enter bell" off? that noise that occurs everytime you type anything..(I normally just turn my system volume off but sometimes I have to listen to something as well working...) - this might be the most important question ever posted.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 19 min 47 sec ago. Offline

That every time you hit the enter key if using P6 there is an annoying bell noise is hard to believe!
I do not even know how to make it happen if using Excel, Word, Power Point, Spider Project, AutoCad nor any software I use. If everything fails consider switching software, not all software is so annoying.

Good Luck

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 26 min ago. Offline

It's not P6. It's application sound. If you wanted to turn off the application annoying sound:

1 click Start (Window Logo)
2 select Settings then click System
3 on the left side of the screen click Sound
4 scroll down until you see Advance sound options
5 click App volume and device preferences
6 under the App System Sound you can either slide the volume to 0 or click the speaker icon to have it mute

Try to do something in P6 if the annoying sound still exist. If not you can close the settings window. You can play music and you can still hear the music play. Sometime if you play some sound it automatically remove the system mute but you can always put it in the app system mute and still hear other sounds but not the app annoying sound.