Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Event Code: CNFFZ\-0464-A (Could not find \bin\java.exe)

2 replies [Last post]
Jordan Benjamin-S...
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I have currently been trying to import Microsoft Project XML Programmes into Primavera P6 Professional R16.2. Every Time i attempt to this, i get a EInOutError with the event code CNFF\-0464-A and the description 'Could not find file\bin\java.exe

Would anyone be able to assist with this and help me be able to import XML files to P6.

Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated,

Thanks,

Jordan 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

yes make sure the path of the localtion of java in your system environment

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

Jordan,

Importing MSP files is at the 'flakey' edge pf P6 capabilities. Sounds like you have a classic 'JAVA_HOME' issue, but the XML file may never import anyway, becuase half the time they don't.

Perhaps two stages:

If you email me the XML file, I can try and convert it, this will take me 10 minutes max, as I may have to open it in MSP to 'fix' it.

If it does convert, then it is worth the aggrevation of sorting your java issue.

david@bicster.uk