Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P6 - Interface Problem ("Add Resource")

4 replies [Last post]
Azer Iskandarov
User offline. Last seen 1 year 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi there. 

I have problem by openning "Add Resouce" window. When I click it, no action there. No window opens. As a result, I can delete the resource, but can't add it. Therefore, I use only excel to assign resource. 

Does anyone have such a strange experience? 

Regards,

Azer Iskandarov

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 22 hours 52 min ago. Offline

This usually happened on a Primavera client installed locally into your machine (and or standalone installation) using dual or multiple screen for P6 ver 16.x down. When P6 was opened on dual or multiple screen, while moving around the pop-up windows into different screen (specially resource assignment and relationship) this will be saved on users profile when exit to the applications.

When the user tried to open P6 on single screen after the above event, the pop-up window for either resouce assignment and relationship will not be visible because the last users profile event save was on a multiple or dual screen therefore the pop-up window is not visible.

Workaround:

Option 1: If you have access to connect to other screen or monitor, open P6 and move all the pop-up window into main display then exit to Primavera application. Disconnect the other screen and open again the P6 application and try to open the pop-up windows that missing if they are now visible.

Option 2: If you don't have access to connect to other screen or monitor but you have an admin rights, create/ add a new user. This will create a users profile with primavera default. Logout and login to the new user created and you will have the pop-up window visible.

Bian Mutang Tagal
User offline. Last seen 1 year 29 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Azer,

The blog below might have some permanent solutions (patch it) or workarounds.

https://prmyazilim.com/en/blogs/151-activities-page-assignment-tabs-in-primavera-p6-professional-such-as-predecessor-or-resources-or-successor-tab-do-not-load-the-assignment-window-pop-up-when-selecting-the-assign-or-add-button-using-multiple-screens-or-previously-using-multiple-screens

Personally I've had the same issue (Add Resource window not showing) happen to me in Primavera P6 Professional R16.1 so I upgraded to a higher version.

A similar thread has discussed the same issue too:

http://www.planningplanet.com/forums/oracle-primavera-pm6/890859/notebook-topic-assign-notebook-topic-dialog-box-not-working#comment-95406

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 1 week ago. Offline

Are you using Dual screens or using it over a virtual desktop (eg. Citrix?)

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

make sure that you have the proper rights to add a resource