Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Stand alone cost tools - looking for suggestions

1 reply [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 2 days 6 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

Always been in scheduling.  Been in and out of cost, getting back into cost.  There have got to be better tools out there than just excel - what are better ones for cost?  For example, I don't want a "whole" system like procore because already using some tools like E-Builder which is ok for workflow but I am thinking I can find something more evolved on cost.  For example, I like the long history of Deltek Cobra with P6 but I don't need Earned Value, not required.  I have been on EV projects, but most projects use negotiated SOV schedule of values - informed by the schedule but not rulled by it.  Any, open to suggestoins, what is good?  As to the question of what is input, ie Oracle or something - that would be "various".

Replies

John,

cost and schedule are closely integrated.

Changing schedule we change project budget, financial constraints impact project schedule.

We manage both using the same tool. Why do you need something external to your scheduling software?

What exactly is not supported by your scheduling tool?