Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Transfer Progress between 2 Programmes

4 replies [Last post]
Mike planner
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello All, 

I have progresss a programme and added some new activities as Rev 08, progressed as at 14-Feb-20 

However, my previous progress is Rev 07, which was progressed on the 17-Jan-20. 

Can i know if there is a quick method that i can transfer my progress from Rev 08 to Rev 07a? 

Many thanks

Mike 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 2 hours ago. Offline

open Rev 8 and make rev 7 a baseline

then select maintain baselines and select update

then from here you can choose what to update all activities or a filter or additional update options under Update options 

pick and choose what to update 

when you are done select Restore to put REV7 back into the selectable projects

Mike planner
User offline. Last seen 2 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hmnn... not that easy, because i have changed some duration and logic. 

I am wondering if its possible to open 2 programmes and use the global change to transfer the progress from 1 WBS to another 

Many thanks

Mike 

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 51 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Don't you just make a copy of Rev 08 and then delete the new activities?