Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Performance % Complete showing 0%

3 replies [Last post]
Eric Gonzalez
User offline. Last seen 4 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

I have an EPC resource loaded schedule that is not giving me a performance % complete percentage. All of the activites are "physical" % complete type. However, I only have resource in the engineering side and not in the construction or procurement. What is the purpose for not giving me an accurate % complete? What is the best solution going forward?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

you have 3 choices to calculate earned value 

Budgeted value with planned dates

At completeion with current dates 

Budgeted value with current dates

Eric Gonzalez
User offline. Last seen 4 years 5 weeks ago. Offline

Zoltan, 

Thanks for the information. I have assigned the baseline. I have not had this problem before when I've added manhours and resource loaded a schedule. 

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

do you have baselin attached? 

if so in the Admin

Admin Preferences

Earned value

Earned Value Calculations

select Budgeted value with current dates

FYI

The Performance % complete is used to compute earned value and may be based on the Activity% Complete, on the 0/100 rule, on the 50/50 rule which depends on the technique for computing earned-value percent complete for the activity's WBS. The Performance % Complete specifies what percentage of, the activities planned worth has been earned so far.

Having something quantifiable and measurable is always the best way to measure progress that could be manhours or commodities such as LF of conduit ect.

Performance Percent Complete for the activity is based on Units Percent Complete. Activities without a Resource curve assigned to one or more of the Resource Assignments will use the Activity percent complete