Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Lost standard column - Planned labour units

1 reply [Last post]
andrew francis
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi,

i have just joined a new company and cannot find a "planned labour units" column.

I think someone has re named it - 

I have been given admin rights ( worrying i know) but cannot find where the i will find the original column names are held to determine which ones have been re named.

I am sure it has been done inside the database as it is not the only one as all the UDF ones have been renamed also. when i click to look at UDFs the only names i see are the new ones - not what they were - 

any help would be grateful

ANdy 

Replies

Steven Auld
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Andy,

I think you should be looking for the Budgeted Labor Units Column for the 'planed labour units'.

For UDF's, the columns that you are seeing is the correct column name within the database - where the issue lies is when users create their own layouts then can also rename the column to show as something else, but this is saved in the layout not against the UDF Field directly.

This does not really help when there are multiple users all using the UDF Type 'usertext01' & renaming the column within the layout, as this then has different meanings depending on the layout being used. The saved data remains the same, but the layout column description is no longer relevant to the saved data.

User Defined Fields can be renamed in the Database (depending on user access levels), but the default columns cannot be renamed directly in the database, only in layouts.

If you know someone who can access the columns in a layout with the correct name as you expect to see it then have a look at the column list in that layout & it will show you the Original Column Name as saved in the database at the end of the column name in Selected Options (in brackets).

Hope that helps.

Steven