Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remaining Labour Units and BL Project Labour UNits

4 replies [Last post]
Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Once the project is used as a baseline does the remaining labour units become the BL project labour units?

Replies

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Summarized data are available only when projects have been summarized. To summarize data, choose Tools, Summarize then select to summarize the open projects in the current view, all projects in the EPS (includes both open and closed projects but excludes summary only projects), or summary only projects (those projects for which the Contains Summarized Data Only checkbox is marked in the Project Details Settings tab).

■To include live data from all open projects and stored summary data from all closed projects with a specific leveling priority, choose All Closed Projects with Leveling Priority Equal/Higher Than, and enter the leveling priority you want to use. (Specify the leveling priority per project in the General tab of the Projects window.) The module uses this value to consider applicable external projects (those not included in the current layout) when deducting from resource availability immediately during leveling.
■To not include resource data from external (closed) projects in the remaining units and cost values for Resource Usage Profiles, Resource Usage Spreadsheets, and tracking layouts, choose Opened Projects Only

Arend Woltjer
User offline. Last seen 8 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Ron,

the remaining labour units become the BL project labour units.

Do not forget to run 'tools' - 'summarize' after your calculations.

Regards,

Arend

Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 5 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Sunil

In P6 I save a copy of the project as a Baseline and checked the remaining hours.   They would peak in September.   I added the baseline to my project and review the baseline Budget Units and they do not peak in which I think they should as the baseline is a snap shot of the project at a momnet of time.  What does seem to work is the dates for the baseline.   Start and finish are in place.

Sunil Babu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Ron,

Remaining labour units depends of the percentage of unit completed ...

BL Labour units will be the gudeline to calulate the variences..

Regards.

Sunil.