Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Detaching the baseline

7 replies [Last post]
adab azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Greetings to everyone. I have to detach the baseline to modify some duration and some calenders. After modification I am expected to re assign the same base line. Any Suggestion , what precaution should I take during this...? Thanks in Advance.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 3 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

I told you how to detach a schedule nothing fake about that 

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Adab, Tip: Don't always believe in everything you read, especially if the source is unreliable. Nowadays "fake news" are rampant. Beware!
Zoltan Palffy

yes NEVER use progress over ride 

Anoon Iimos
Now this becomes interesting. Adab, comparing baselines and current schedules need to be consistent (consistency is the key). Though of course there will always be some details to vary, as plans don't always turn out exactly the way you planned them. Just be careful with the settings (I mean "Retained Logic" vs. "Progress Override", I guess you already knew how and where to use them?).
Zoltan Palffy

reverse the way that you attached it 

select project

then assign baseline

then under Project Baseline select <Current Project> as the baseline

als under User Baseline

Primary select <Current Project> as the baseline

select OK

next under project select Maintain Baselines

highlight the scheduel that is listed there and on the rigth select Restore 

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 days 6 hours ago. Offline

Hi Abad,

If the changes are only in baseline and not in current Program, probably you would be comparing Programs with different logic, duration, productivity resources etc.

BR

Kannan

Anoon Iimos
Is there a problem with removing or detaching your baseline and do the editing as a stand-alone schedule, and then assign it back to your current or working schedule whenever you want? Well, I guess you need to make sure first that your baseline is the exact copy of your current schedule whenever you attach or detach it. Exact copy means: exact number of activities and descriptions. Of course other details may vary depending on how your plan is progressing actually.