Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Units discrepancy for s-curve

4 replies [Last post]
Morne Johann Bees...
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Loaded my permitting with units to track an s-curve. Assigned 200 000 units across the activities. My report only has 194104 units in cumulative planned but cumulative estimate to & at completion indicates the 200 000 units loaded. No filters assigned that can trip me up and percent complete type set to units.

What could be the problem?

Running 18.8

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

under edit user preference

turn your decimal places on 

Time units tab

Morne Johann Bees...
User offline. Last seen 9 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Thanks David, found it is exactly the problem.

Going to delete resources and reload as I guess this is the only fix.

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline

Primavera holds the numbers in two places, and they do get out of synchronisation.

You should check the units in both the “Activities” window and the “Resource assignment” windows

When you do a resource  profile/spreadsheet, the numbers come from one table, the Activity spreadsheet/profile and ALL earned value data comes from the other.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

make sure your filter is set to ALL activities