Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Start dates in Gantt chart with baseline not on correct position

4 replies [Last post]
Dejan Kezic
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all,

I have been searching for the answer to this question for couple days and did not find anything (it is driving me crazy!).

When I insert both actual work/remaining work bars and baseline bars in Gantt chart, Start dates from actual work/remaining work are shown on left side of baseline bars!

Is there some solution for this?

If there is no possibility for Start/Finish dates for both bars to be shown, then I will be satisfied at least to show dates on actual/remaining bars but on a correct place (left and right of actual/remaining bar).

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

the order of the bars makes a difference also try moving the baseline bar either to top with the arrow up on the right hand side in the bars view or move it to the bottom of the order. 

Johannes Vandenberg
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Dejan

Here a short video how to display the dates on the Gantt chart for the combined remaining work bar and the project baseline bar.

Regards Johannes

Dejan Kezic
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline

I have tried to change all settings, but it seems that by default it set like this.

Current bar and some other have setting that is OK (left = Start, right = Finish), BUT Baseline, Actual, Remaining bars does not have any settings and still I receive situation like the one that I am sending in the attached picture.

Orange bars are baseline and I don't need dates of them, blue bars are actual/remaining and I need to have Start date on it's left side such is Finish date on it's right side!

Now Start date is positioned on left side of Baseline Bar!

pm6_wrong_position_of_dates_on_bars.jpg

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

in the gantt area right click bars 

go to each bar and look at the bars label tab either delete it or modify it to your liking

also look at the current bar label and make sure what is listed is what you want displayed.