Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

ERP Systems compatible with Primavera Programme

1 reply [Last post]
Anthony Peters
User offline. Last seen 6 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

All,

Apart from the Oracle EPPM complete solution, can anyone recommend any other ERP systems which are compatible with Primavera PPM schedules?

Im looking specifically for the ERP system to be able to cover Document management, timesheet management, financials and ideally a really good visual reporting add on (Web based)

I know of Microsoft Dynamics and Deltek, but not sure if they are compatible with P6?

Its not my area of speciality so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline

Anthony,

This is a huge subject, and one which has occupied about a third of my time for about 20 years. The Shell integration of SAP's PS and PM module with P3 in 19something would be the first time I was heavily involved.

In my not-so-humble opinion, no ERP system is compatible with P6. But they can all be made so with the correct integration software and proceedures. Oracle's out-of-the-box solution is just that as well. The idea that an off-the-shelf integration between a Work Management System and a Scheduling system is appropriate for any organisation is just wrong. The bulk of the effort is in creating the proceedures that govern the system. No change there then. A generic integration tool like Collabro's Legare can then stitch it all together.  You will find the whole adventure as much fun as you can have without smashing your head against a wall. Enjoy!