Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Activities with Incorrect Start / Finish Times

1 reply [Last post]
sam dsoza
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

In my current project that got handed over to me, I have 2 calendars. 95% of those are on Calendar 1 and 5% Calendar 2.

About 20% of activities have incorrect start and finish times (not starting at 8a or finishing at 5p) (although the dates are most possibly accurate)

Is there a quick way to fix this?

TIA

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

there are several things you have to do 

1. turn on your times go to edit user preferences and on the dates tab check 12 hour (1:30 PM) box and make sure that show minutes is checked.

2. click on the time units tab and in the duration format make sure it is set to 2 decimal places

3. go to the Projects directory make sure your project is highlighted and click on the dates tab and make sure that under your project start date that the tiime is 8:00 am. Now if there is a projetc must finish by date click in the date box and make the TIME 5:00 pm

4. for any start milestones make sure that the TIMES are 8:00 am

5. for any finish milestones make sure the TIMES are 5:00 PM

6. Any activities that are in progress make the actual start TIME 8:00 am

7. filter for all activities where status is not equal to Complete and look at the original and remaining durations these whould al be in whole number NOT fractions of a day.

8. press F9 and change the data date TIME to 8:00 AM

done all fixed