Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

EPS not showing correctly for new user

6 replies [Last post]
Scott Liversidge
User offline. Last seen 6 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I have certain admin rights where I can create / edit the EPS. One of my schedulers can only see the EPS nodes that she has her projects under. She has 3 nodes, however, they are not showing in the same order as in the EPS structure. Is this something to do with her layout or user preferences ? I have had this before and cant remember how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Scott

Replies

Scott Liversidge

Yes tried using a default layout and still the same. I am just waiting on pemission to gain admin rights and I will then investigate more.

Thanks for your reply.

Emad Mofarej,PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 day ago. Offline

If you mean the user_setting is corrupted and this resulted in the problem with the layout, you can reset user setting by login to your database and issuing the following command:

update userdata set user_data = ‘null’ where topic_name = ‘pm_settings’;

this will reset user setting back to default setting. I doubt this is the issue as this doesn't reset the layouts. But it worths the shot.

Another option is to delete the user and add a new user as the new user recieves default setting.

Did you try to use one of the default layouts in P6 to see if the problem resolves? The issue might be the corrupted user layout that sometimes happens and only workaround is to built it from scratch. 

The WBS corruption is not a usual suspect as normally WBS corruption returns error or makes project invisible.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

then check the admin rights 

Scott Liversidge

Thanks Guy's but Id already tried these along with sharing my layout and neither worked. I think it is something to do with user / admin rights.

Emad Mofarej,PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 1 day ago. Offline

Go to View > Group and Sort By > 

Uncheck the "Sort bands alphabetically"

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

uncheck hide when empty in your grouping