Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

show all tasks impacted from start to finish for multiple tasks

1 reply [Last post]
Eoin Flannery
User offline. Last seen 6 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi

I am struggling to define what i am lookingg for but here goes,

I am looking to filter my schedule (gantt chart) and trace the logic to see which task are the sucessors sucessor sucussor et al. from start to finish for multiple tasks

I have used the trace logic but it doesn't give me the view i am looking for.

Basically we have multiple drawings which are running late but i want to filter for only the tasks which are impacted going forward, through to the end of the project.

Hope this makes sense and hopefully someone can suggest how to filter or display the above.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 16 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

here is what to do instead of look to see the logic to see which task are the sucessors I suggest that you start at the end and look for the predecessor that are driving you and running you late. 

creat a new code call it tracking and give it a code value of track

add this code as a column

in the relationships tab on the predecessors left hand right click and select customize predecessor columns and expand the general category can bring over the critical and driving as columns in the predecessor window.

only filter for ONE ACTIVITY which is the last actvity that is running late in the group that you are looking for 

go to the activity that you want to track now look at this predcessor and look for the activity that has both the driving AND the critical box checked cllick on that predecesor now at the bottom click GOTO

keep doing this by tracking back the driving and criticla predecessor with you get back to the data date or the activity that is already completed.

this is your drive for that activity

now in the coulumn that you just added called tracking click on the first activity and select the new code TRACK

now do a fill down for this column 

now you and filter for this column

If you have another activity that you want to track just add a new value TRACK1 and do the same thing.