Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Assign Budgeted Cost Automatically

2 replies [Last post]
Eric EVRARD
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

HI,

I have activities with resources, each Labour resource has its own Price/Unit, Max Units /Time is 100%, I have set Duration Type to Fixed Unit per Time because if I have to change the duration of the Activity I want to change as well the budgeted units.

I would like to automatically link the Budgted cost with budgeted Units as I have the cost per Unit and the Number of Budgeted Unit.

Ex: Duration is 10 days -> Working hours per day is 10 so I enter 100 Budgeted Unit

If I change duration for 12 days, my budgeted units become 120 which is fine, but my budgeted cost is not changing accordingly.

Is there a specific setting to change? I tried a Global Change but for Budgeted Cost it is not proposed

Thank you for your advices

Eric

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 11 hours ago. Offline

that is correct you have to have these checked to do what you want 

Eric EVRARD
User offline. Last seen 6 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Hi After some search I found the tips

In the resource window in the details tab simply activate the option "Calculate Costs From Units" for each resource or in the Activity Window under Resource Tab add the column "Calculate Costs from Units"