Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budget distribution in Recovery Programme

6 replies [Last post]
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

HI,

I made a recovery programme, developed from the latest update of the approved baseline programme. Budget is loaded in the programme. In the activity spreadsheet of the recovery schedule, the budget seems to be distributed not as per the dates. Many activites have budget distribution even after the completion date.

In the activity spread sheet, I used the Budgeted Total Cost to see the budget distribution.

Is there any reason for it?

Thanks and Regards

Kannan

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

anything PLANNED in your original PLAN prior to progressing the schedule.

Kannan CP

Thanks Zoltan,

Hi Alaa,

We are revising the plan as per the site conditions and it is reflected in the start and finish dates. The Planned start and finish is different from the (start/finish) dates. I dont understand the logic of resources distribution based on Planned start/finish, instead of start/finish dates.

Is this a limitation of Primavera?

How these Planned Start/Finish dates is working in Primavera?

BR

Kannan

Zoltan Palffy

that will work 

Alaa Al haj
User offline. Last seen 7 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Check the planned dates ( not start and finish dates) planned start and planned finish 

resources will distributed based on planned dates 

Kannan CP

Hi Zoltan

is your resource calendar the same as your activity calendar ?- Few are same, others are different- but all are Task Dependent activities.

are you using dirv activity dates by default ?- YES

if you are using level of effort ? if so then assign a curve to these resources- LOE is in the schedule. But the problem is seen for normal activities also.

I noticed in the recovery schedule that the budgeted cost is distributed based on the Planned Start and Finish. In order to solve the problem, I used the Earned Values for the past months as od data date (ie Planned=Actual). For the remaining months, Estimated to Complete is used to set the Planned values.

BR

Kannan

Zoltan Palffy

is your resource calendar the same as your activity calendar ?

are you using dirv activity dates by default ?

if you are using level of effort ? if so then assign a curve to these resources