Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

resource allocation distribution - any monthly cut-off

3 replies [Last post]
Mukesh Jain
User offline. Last seen 13 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Sir,
I need to generate cummulative resource allocation report with time interval as month but I don’t want end of the month as monthly cut off. Instead I want user definable day (say 20th of each month)as monthly cut-off. Kindly guide me

MK Jain

Replies

Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Mukesh,

Financial periods would also allow you to define individual periods starting and ending on a specific date as you wish to do. I don’t know any other way of doing this. However, it is global to all projects.

Regards,
Bill
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
MK,

Primavera v5 has feature called Financial periods that would allow you to define a customizable financial calendar and periods. This would be global to all projects and your financial calendar would be an option for any timescaled report. This would allow you to define for instance a time interval of every 4 weeks -- instead of monthly. Perhaps this helps.

Regards,
Bill
Mukesh Jain
User offline. Last seen 13 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks but I hav’t used p3e/c V5 yet. After becoming confident that problem will be resolved in V5, I will procure it.

As per our requirement, project progress is to be reported to client at project based monthly cut-off date (can be other than end of the month). Monthly cut-off for different projects can be different. So defining monthly cut-off at global level may not serve purpose.

Kindly suggest alternate solution, if straight solution is not available.

Regards