Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level of Effort or WBS Summary

1 reply [Last post]
Vignesh S
User offline. Last seen 7 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am in the process of preparing an impacted schedule. For which, I need to break single activity of my baseline schedule into multiple due to constraints experienced during execution.

Foe example. In my baseline shcedule i considered single activity called d-wall works. But, in my impacted schedule I want to split it into 2 like d-wall with utility hindrance and without utility hindrance.

The WBS has further activities like base slab and roof slab construction, so I cannot use WBS summary activity for this. Is it recommended to use Level of Effort activity for this scenario.Also, my requirement is to bring this activity in the critical path. Is it advisable to have LOE activity in Criticla path?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

no nice a loe spans muiliple activities I think you have this backwards you alreayd have a single activity definining it more to describe your delay will only help your case