Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

why there is deviation in original duration if "Hide if empty" is unchecked ?

1 reply [Last post]
adab azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 19 weeks ago. Offline

Greetings to All.

I am making a schedule on P6 in which my project original duration appears to be very less. But whenever i check "hide if empty" in group and sort tab, It shows the project's correct original duration. Is there something wrong with my schedule ?

if its an error then how to fix it?

Thanks in advance 

Replies

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

This relates to the way durations are calcuated in summary bars, in particular which calendar to use to "back-calculate" the durations from the dates in the summary (which is how those durations are calculated)

If all of the activities within a single Group-and-Sort band share the same calendar, that calendar will be used to calculate the summary bar durations, other wise the so-called "Default" calendar will be used. 

By using "hide if empty" the number of Group-and-Sort bands will vary, and therefore the summary-duration rules will change.

The above is true from version 6.7 onwards.