Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Beginner Question - Can you delete same predecessor from multiple activities

3 replies [Last post]
sam dsoza
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello All,

So I am not new to P6 but have forgotten most of the skils for not having to use it.

My question as the subject line mentinos is if you could delete predecessor form multiple activities. Please advice.

Thanks

SD

Replies

Ronald Weaver
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Yes you can!

select one of the activities with the offending predecessors
in the "activity detail" window, select "Predecessors" tab
highlight the offending predecessor or predecessors (yes you can delete multiple predecessors)
Click the "Assign" button on the bottom
once the "Assign Predecessors" widow opens go back to your schedule layout and "Ctrl" select all of the activates with the offending predecessor
Go back to "Assign Predecessors" window, click the red "X" button.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 16 hours ago. Offline
I suggest to select all activities with the same predecessor then from the predecessor window select the predecessor activty then unlink by clicking the red button x.
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

within P6 you can only delete multiple predecessors from and activity but you can not delete the same predecessors from multiple activities.

You can do this with sdk and the associated spreadsheet.

EVERYTHING is based on the activity id not the predecessor id