Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 XML load into MS Access

No replies
Thomas Leahy
User offline. Last seen 8 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

Has anyone loaded a P6 XML into MS Access tables? It almost works. I have tried using p6apibo.xsd in conjunction with the XML but it didn't quite work. Just loading the XML directly creates and populates most of the tables you would expect but some tables that should have a key don't.  I had previously used the XER Parser and loaded the tables into MS Access and have a number of queries that I find useful. It would be quicker to just directly load the XML if it loaded the tables properly. Does anyone have the Schema associated with the P6 XML file? Curious if anyone has looked at this.

Regards,

Tom Leahy