Forum Sponsor:

An innovation in P6 Professional training from RPCuk in partnership with Oracle. All the topics that matter to you in workshops customised to your role and industry.  Now get superior training value when you book our Blended Learning Bundle. Learn more here.

Viewer for .xer, xml and xls schedule files Schedule Reader™Free Trial

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Importing XML from MS Project to Primavera 15.2 - Dutch is an invalid culture identifier

3 replies [Last post]
Tim Neobard
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 23 Apr 2013
Posts: 15
Groups: None

In Primavera 16 and apparently 15, there's an error in the bootstrap file. It becomes apparent when you go to import an MSP file.

It manifests itself in the C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Temp in the error log - mine is called Mercury.log

Information Exception Exception while reading bootstrap file: System.Globalization.CultureNotFoundException: Culture is not supported.
Parameter name: name
Dutch is an invalid culture identifier.
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(String name)
   at Primavera.Domain.Base.ApplicationSessionInfo.CreateFromBootstrapFile(String bootstrapFileName)

To fix, navigate to C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Oracle\Primavera P6\P6 Professional

Make a backup of the prmbootstrap.xml and prmbootstrapv2.xml files, then open in notepad and ensure that your language files are all in this format:

<Language LanguageID="en-us" LanguageName="English"/>

ie, en-us comes first, english comes second.

In my version, in prmbootstrapv2.xml the id was set as "dutch" and the language name as the dutch identifier. In the prmbootstrap.xml the korean language was also the wrong way round.
Even though I'd fixed the dutch item, the korean language was causing the problem. Ironically it was still reporting "dutch" as being the error.

In the end I just removed the lines for both dutch and korean and everything came back to life. It's unlikely I'll be using either languages on this standalone corporate laptop for a UK company.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 23 hours 57 min ago. Offline
Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 2333
Groups: None

so you changed the language from Dutch to English ?

also get the latest patch for version 16 

Tim Neobard
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 23 Apr 2013
Posts: 15
Groups: None
I found that too Zoltan, but it didn't work for 15, needed additional changes as I've outlined above. Removing the language entries as I'm unlikely to use them anyway.
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 23 hours 57 min ago. Offline
Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 2333
Groups: None

HERE is the fix

1. Open the PRMBootStrapV2.xml file in a text editor like Notepad (recommend Notepad++ which you can download here: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/)

2. Locate the section for international settings (located between the tag </Drivers> and the tag <PMNavigation>)

3. Review the code to make sure it matches the below segment exactly

<internationalizationSettings currentLanguage="en-us">

<availableLanguages>

<Language LanguageID="en-us" LanguageName="English"/>

<Language LanguageID="de-de" LanguageName="German"/>

<Language LanguageID="fr-fr" LanguageName="French"/>

<Language LanguageID="ja-jp" LanguageName="Japanese"/>

<Language LanguageID="ru-ru" LanguageName="Russian"/>

<Language LanguageID="zh-cn" LanguageName="Chinese Simplified"/>

<Language LanguageID="zh-tw" LanguageName="Chinese Traditional"/>

<Language LanguageID="es-es" LanguageName="Spanish"/>

<Language LanguageID="pt-br" LanguageName="Brazilian Portuguese"/>

<Language LanguageID="nl-nl" LanguageName="Dutch"/>

<Language LanguageID="it-it" LanguageName="Italian"/>

<Language LanguageID="ko-KR" LanguageName="Korean"/>

</availableLanguages>

</internationalizationSettings>

4. Save and close the file.

5. Login to Visualizer or run Schedule Comparison

Changing the PRMBootstrapV2.xml file will allow Visualizer and Claim Digger to run properly in P6 Professional.

To resolve this issue, the language section of the PrmBootStrapV2.xml file must be updated to adjust the ID to match the proper names.