Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Shrink activity codes rows not relevant to an activity

4 replies [Last post]
Najam Uddin
User offline. Last seen 8 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

When I group and sort activities by activity codes in the order; PHASE, EWP, CONTRACTOR and DISCIPLINE, there are 4 rows on top of activities for each code. If there is single activity and I assign it two codes PHASE and EWP, remaining two rows appear written as "No CONTRACTOR" and "No DISCIPLINE"

How to shrink those two rows so that only the relevant rows of codes appear on top of that activity. It will save at least two pages for me to print and schedule will look clean.

Regards

Najam

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 hours ago. Offline

Hi Najam

If you group by only one code you can filter and then use "Hide if empty". If you group by multiple codes, this will be difficult. By intelligent grouping you can reduce those "No Code...".

Regards

Dieter

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 19 hours ago. Offline

Use the Filter to Hide the Activities that have no Activity Codes

Najam Uddin
User offline. Last seen 8 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks Dieter. You mean we can not shrink these rows?

Najam

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 hours ago. Offline

Hi Najam

This is one of the nasty elements of P6. In general I create a code value with a space or a period as name and assign the not assigned activities to it. Otherwise titles as "no discipline" are just confusing.

Regards

Dieter