Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Gantt chart separation of activities

5 replies [Last post]
Tyler Woods
User offline. Last seen 10 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

My project has several locations of work performed and I have them grouped by activity codes A,B,C... This does not appear to be enough separation for my customer.  Is there a way to insert a horizontal line to separate these activity groups?

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Mike,

On bar options there is filter as critical or nomal. The same can be applied as location 1, location 2 and so on. Need to assgn the activities with those activity codes such as location 1, location 2 an so on... create bar legends as the activity codes and filter accordingly.

Regards,

muhammad anwar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS

Mike,

Create a filter to pickup these bars

Then go to view - Bars and creat a new bar with desired color but in filter assign the created filter for those bars.

Regards

Muhammad

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Raymund

How do you put a different coloured bar on P6?

Best regards

Mike Testro

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

I don't think there's a way of creating a proper horizontal line, but you could insert a LOE activity at the top of each activity group, and give the bar a different colour.

Or increase the row height of the 1st activity for each group.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
I suggests to create a different colored bar for each location.